JOB DESCRIPTION: Purchasing Department
If you are Purchasing Pro with a strong background in action sports, this job is for you! Motonation - Ciclista America is a wholesaler of the finest in bicycle and motorcycle apparel, footwear and helmets on the planet. Founded in 1999, and located in Santee California Motonation - Ciclista America has grown from its motorcycle footwear beginnings into an extensive motorcycle and bicycle importer and distributor of riding apparel, protection products, footwear and helmets.
As the companies Buyer, you will work with the management team on a constant basis, making sure all products are ordered and delivered just in time to meet customer demand. You will be charged with maintaining and supporting accurate inventory levels at all warehouse locations.
Don’t be intimidated by what you read below; we are very much willing to take a chance on a bright “up and comer” that shows the potential to fill this role and grow with it but it is vital that you have experience buying. If you think you may be cut out for this position, we want to hear from you. We are looking to grow an all-star team!
Motonation - Ciclista America offers competitive healthcare benefits, 401k and bonus opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assortment Planning - You will work with management to develop and execute a merchandising strategy to maximize sales volume and profitability.
• Vendor Management - Maintain a professional relationship with all vendors while looking for new opportunities to expand the product offering.
• Manage select vendor negotiations relating to price, terms, and delivery dates. Improve purchase discounts when the opportunity presents itself. Require correct samples from vendors on time. Help obtain product copy, technical information, and missing UPC codes when needed. Negotiate and manage Return to Vendor (RTV) efforts when needed.
• Analyze sales data such as stock to sales ratios, comp sales, sell thru and stock reports to effectively make shipping and inventory decisions to maximize sales.
• Communicate with sales team members to hear any concerns they may be having with product placement, style, and colors and research and resolve such concerns working to optimize the sales.
• Ensure purchase orders meet specified deadlines.
• Assist with planning and executing pricing strategies in accordance with fiscal responsibilities, maximizing sales, margin, & inventory management.
• Assist with reviewing & reacting to sales performance and selling reports.
• Recognize and act upon market trends.
• Allocate product to maximize sales, profitability, and productivity
• Enter and maintain purchase orders.
• Create and maintain performance metrics comparing forecasts to actual sales.
• Monitor product inventory and availability across multiple product categories.
• 2 - 4 years of prior buying experience, preferably action sports.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong computer skills to include Excel, MS office, Word, Outlook. Experience in QuickBooks a plus.
• Analytical skills and ability to multitask is essential.
• Not afraid to get your hands dirty and go the extra mile.
• Strong communication abilities.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.
Casual Work environment, PTO, Healthcare benefits, 401k, bonus opportunities.